New Year, New You?!
We all tend to start a New Year with optimism and perhaps a few resolutions. Some of us manage to keep them for a few months, whilst others persevere for the whole year. If you have started 2019 full of enthusiasm to do something different and effectively ditch the old you, then good luck.
Make it achieveable!
However, you may be interested to know that whilst 60% of us make New Year's resolutions, only about 8% are successful in achieving them. To stand a fighting chance of completing your resolutions, it’s best to do your homework, be prepared, understand exactly what’s involved, but above all else, make sure that what you are challenging yourself to do is 100% possible to achieve.
According to a recent survey, here are the top 10 resolutions for 2019:
- Diet or eat healthier (71%)
- Exercise more (65%)
- Lose weight (54%)
- Save more and spend less (32%)
- Learn a new skill or hobby (26%)
- Quit smoking (21%)
- Read more (17%)
- Find another job (16%)
- Drink less alcohol (15%)
- Spend more time with family and friends (13%)
Business not personal goals
But at a recent networking event we attended, we discovered that this group of dedicated business owners were keener to focus on their business for 2019, rather than setting personal goals. The following were the most common resolutions we heard:
- Undertake more productive networking
- Spend more time working on the business rather than in it
- Stick to a plan and monitor and measure marketing efforts
- Finish rebranding and get a new website up and running
- Launch a new product or service
At Oxygen Graphics we have set some great resolutions for our business this year too. As we start our 10th year in business, we want to grow of course, but we also want to enjoy what we do and that includes making sure that our staff, business partners and colleagues understand what we want to achieve and want to work with us to achieve our shared goals.
- Keep our current customers – make sure they get value for money, are happy and able to refer us easily to anyone who asks.
- Focus on achieving our business and marketing plans through continuous learning and personal development. Plus monitor and measure results and spend and ensure we are always getting the results we need.
- Invest in our staff, train them and share business knowledge and experiences so they can develop and reach their potential
- Actively seek our new opportunities to develop the business through tenders, networking, partnerships, referrals and other collaborative activities.
- Have fun and enjoy ourselves. We set up the business for lots of reasons, but sometimes it’s easy to lose sight of the most important thing – happiness.
If you need help when it comes to rebranding, websites or other marketing and communication activities, then give us a shout, we would love to help you to achieve the success you deserve in 2019.