THE IMPORTANCE OF SELECTING THE RIGHT KEYWORDS
The importance of selecting the right keywords
Keywords are the foundation of any successful Google AdWords campaign. You can write the best ads, but if you don’t select the right keywords/phrases to put your ads in front of your target audience, your efforts will amount to nothing.
5 top tips
Obviously, your budget and objectives are paramount, but here are some quick keyword tips to make sure that your campaign generates the results you need.
- Relevance – make sure they are specific and relevant and they tie in with your ad copy and website landing page/content so everything is consistent.
- Think – put yourself in your customers’ shoes; if you were searching for a product or service like yours, which words or phrases would you type into Google?
- Targeted – single keywords can sometimes be too generic, whereas two or three word phrases are usually more targeted.
- Variety – customers may use different terms for your products/services, so list variations including spelling, product/service names etc.
- Location – remember you can select a different language and location settings to maximise exposure to the right audience.
If you’re still struggling, you can always use Google’s keyword tool to get some ideas. However, if all that fails, don’t forget that we’re here to help. Just email us today and we would be delighted to work with you on your next Google AdWords campaign.
When you go to the time and expense of getting a website designed and built, it’s essential that it works hard for you and your business from day one. With its 24/7 presence, relevant content and eye-catching design, you need to ensure that it’s seen, understood and...read more
There is no magic way to rank your website in the first page of Google, Bing or Yahoo. Search engines are governed by complex algorithms and it takes a lot of time and effort to ‘convince’ them that your website or web page deserves one of the top spots. But remember,...read more
How Your Business Can Benefit! Everyone you meet has a different opinion about Google. But love it or loath it, if you are running a business today, we don’t believe that it’s possible for it to grow and develop without using some of Google’s popular tools and...read more